Mission Saromayo Constitution
(Society for Integrated Street Dog Rehabilitation Programme)
Aim & Objective:
A Society has been formed to function in the name & style Mission Saromayo. This society has been conceived by a group of concerned citizens of twin cities to solve the problem of stray or street dogs. Since a number of attempts made by different authorities of controlling the street dog population have failed, so a most refreshing concept of `rehabilitation’ has been taken to solve this problem. Also the dog related service to be provided by the society.
The objective will be to Remove & Rehabilitate Street Dogs from Hyderabad & Secunderabad cities within 5 years, to satisfy both dog haters and dog lovers and to rehabilitate them as a pet in homes,
cluster houses, gated community, apartment buildings, farm houses, police stations, `out of bound places’ of armed forces & defence establishments, warehouses etc and in a scientific rescue home for sick, disabled or non-controllable dogs. Even attempts will be taken to find homes abroad for them.
‘Saromeo’ is the Sanskrit name for dogs. In Mahabharata only a Saromayo accompanied Judhisthira up to the gateway to the Heaven, which later found to be Lord DharmaRaj himself in the guise of a faithful dog. In Bali-Indonesia, the Street Dog Foundation is named as Yayasan Yudisthira Swarga.
The Society will have a distinctive Logo of `Chingu’ as the symbol of a rehabilitated Street Dog under Mission Saromayo banner.
Membership, Management & Administration:
The Society will be governed by a group of SIX GOVERNERS in the Board of Governors, headed by a President. A Member Secretary will be an ex-officio additional Member of the Board of Governors will be co-coordinating the activities of the Society as well as will be the Correspondent for the Society. Each Governor will have distinctive responsibility under the guidance of the President in:
A committee of 5 members
will be assisting the each Governor in their respective areas. The essence of
Each adult Member of the Society will be the Supervisor of the operations for one day and will record his report in the Confidential Register.
Any one from India & abroad from the age of 5 onwards can become a Member of the Society with a nominal Annual Membership Donation and only adult members will have voting right for the election of the Board of Governors. Only the active Members with up to date clearance of Annual Donation, will be eligible for voting through secret ballot. The Roll for Eligible Members for voting will be published ONE MONTH in advance of AGM for voting on AGM day itself. The applicants for the Board of Governors must be seconded by two Eligible Members. The application is to be submitted ONE MONTH before voting for securitization. The Annual Report with Audited Accounts will be published ONE MONTH before AGM. Membership Rules have been mentioned separately.
The Board of Governors will function within the framework of laws & bye-laws mentioned hereunder:
for the service of the
through voice/ballot vote by 2/3rd majority.
10 The Annual General Meeting will be held and all activities of the Society will be presented.
Vote for Board Membership will also be taken for the next year.
11. The meeting will be presided by the outgoing President to present the previous years report
and Statement of Accounts.
12. Members desiring to raise any question on the Report or Accounts or any other matter in the
. operation of the Society has to submit the same in writing prior to 7days from the date of
meeting. The Notice for AGM will be served to all Members 30 days before the AGM.
Rules & Regulation for Employees:
1. All employees have to be dog loving with a sense of dedication to serve them with long hours of
2. The aim of the Society will be to appoint minimum number of employees and preferably couples.
will stay in quarters at the
3. Adequate consolidated remuneration will be provided to them as per Minimum Wages Act. in a proper scale of pay for each category. The Board will decide on the pay scales & other facilities. They will be strictly discouraged to accept any tips/bribes from anyone. A severe reprimand will be issued amounting to removal from service also, if found guilty. Medical facility will be given. Any other benefits will be decided from time to time by the Governors. Any dereliction of duty or indiscipline will not be tolerated and will be subject to punishment.
4. They will be governed by the Administrative Dept but will be responsible to the respective
operating function head of the Society.
5. They can not form a union. Their grievances will be heard by Governors and justice will be done
if found that their grievances are genuine.
Methods of Operation:
The broad guidelines for the operations for
the success of this
modified from time to time taking into consideration the on the field situations & constraints.
make them free from Cynophobia by taking disciplined street dogs to see for themselves. They
will be encouraged to adopt puppies as their playmate and security guard. A kidnapper will think
twice, if a dog accompanies a child everywhere.. Extensive publicity through press & multimedia is
to be made to make public aware of
the social implication of this
in a stray dog free city.
Area wise Members will explain the method of dog collection in their locality to get all help from
will also keep the dogs temporarily for collection or further treatment at the
They will be trained to give basic medical treatment also. 24 hours helpline will be maintained
through phone and website.
vaccination and all puppies will be kept together in separate enclosures.
7. All mothers will be sterilized and cured of any diseases. Services of retired veterenarians & other
8. Efforts will be started through advertisements, blogs and individual campaigning for adaptation of
puppies in homes and dogs in farm houses, gated communities, Warehouses etc
10., After first phase is over the 2nd phase of male dogs collection will be started area wise.
11. After anti-rabies injection male dogs will be offered for security purposes.
12. Area wise In charge Members will monitor the street dog population and the collection process will
continue till all street dogs in the twin cities are removed.
13. GHMC will be requested to deliver waste food from hotels as well as waste Chicken Legs from
slaughter houses/markets to the Society. The waste food will be washed and re-processed as per
rules issued from time to time.
they are giving to contractors for ABC programme implementation. .
Finance & Accounting:
1. The complete accounting will be maintained as per guidelines of Instt. Of Chartered Accounts of
statements along with audited accounts will be presented during the AGM.
2. Preferably accounts to be maintained through a computer to reduce the Accounts Staff to one.
Accounts of all Donation & grants
All donation wil be acknowledged
3. Major heads of accounts will be available at the Mission Website to maintain transparency. The
website will be updated every month.
4. The Governor in-charge of Administration & Accounts will sign the Accounts and Annual Statement along with the President of Board of Governors & the Member Secretary.
5. The record of Accounts will be kept for 5 years and after that it will be destroyed.
6. Purchases below Rs.1000 at a time will be authorized by the In-charge Governor and will be approved at the Board meeting. Purchases above Rs. 1000 and Recurring Purchases will be
authorized by the Board of Governors.